Thursday 28 July 2011

Tai Ping Koon Restaurant

When I was in Hong Kong went to this restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui. Apparently its been there since 1800 and is very popular.

I went there just for their signature dishes. We waited for about 40 minutes to be seated, it was packed!
We had;  soufflé, chicken wings in a Swiss sauce and stir fried beef ho fun.

Yes, I know you can have stir fried beef ho fun any where. My cousin and I had a little arguement when we were ordering. Because she didn't want to order the ho fun since you can have it anywhere whereas the chicken wings are more worth it. But I insisted I wanted it! Why? Because its their signature dish! lol. We had both in the end anyway.


Was the ho fun any different than the typical stir fried beef ho fun? Yes! The ho fun wasn't too soft, it had a good texture. Some places put a lot of soya sauce in it, but no they had the right amount. Good aroma! It was just nice! (It could be just me thinking it's all that lol, I don't think my cousin felt the same way) I'll give this dish 4/5, I enjoyed it alot- I'm talking like I've never had stir fried beef ho fun before.


I was a little disappointed with the chicken wings, it wasn't that special. It just tasted like the regular soya chicken wings that my mum would make (a very common Chinese dish). The swiss sauce was basically soya sauce to me. So I will rate this 2.5/5.
After finishing the two dish, I was still very hungry. But of course we still had the soufflé on the way. That was the highlight of the night! lol. Not just any regular soufflé, but a massive one.



 Its bigger than my head as you can see. This is another signature dish. It was quite rich, and very soft. The only downside with the soufflé was that it wasn't fully cooked. Because it was so big, it was difficult for the bottom part to cook. It was like eating air. Also, they probably shortened the cooking time since the restaurant was so busy. And guess what? It filled me right up, and we couldn't finish it.


Yep, we left quite a lot :( and I'll give this a 3.5/5 since it wasn't cooked properly, I couldn't enjoy it properly. Also, the service wasn't too good. I found some of the waiter quite rude.

You will find this in Tsim Sha Tsui, 40 Granville Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment